Frequently Asked Questions
What is WatchTVEverywhere?
It's a service that gives CFU Cable subscribers a way to watch some networks and programs online, rather than on a TV. Programs may be available through a web browser and/or through mobile apps on the Android and Apple devices. How is WatchTVEverywhere different from something like Hulu or Netflix?
There are several differences. WatchTVEverywhere:
How much does it cost?
- Is FREE. There is no extra charge to use it. You only need to have a subscription to the network you want to watch.
- Includes live TV. For example, WatchTVEverywhere will include more than 2,000 hours of live 2012 London Olympics coverage.
- Has full episodes of current-season TV shows.
- Includes a selection of live sports! For example, this fall Basic Plus subscribers will be able to watch every Big 10 football game live online, because CFU will be adding Big10 Network to our Watch TV Everywhere service later this summer.
Nothing. CFU includes Watch TV Everywhere access to online programming with your cable subscription. That means you'll have online access ONLY to networks included in your cable package. There is nothing available at this site that will result in an extra cost to you (although if you watch through a mobile phone, you may be subject to overage charges from your cellular carrier). This may change over time depending on the requirements made by the individual TV networks.
Where can I WatchTVEverywhere?
Watch anywhere you can receive an internet signal: inside your house, at the office, shopping mall, hotel, airport, vacation home, etc. You'll get the best quality from a high-speed connection like CFU FiberNet. The quality of WatchTVEverywhere signals through a mobile carrier network or public wi-fi network (airports, stores, etc.) will vary depending on the strength of the signal. Be extra careful when you travel, especially outside the US. Data roaming charges may apply and they can be very expensive.
What programs are available?
Different networks make different programs available at different times. Each TV network makes their own decision about what to make available on WatchTVEverywhere. Some networks, such as Fox News, provide a live online feed of their TV signal. Others provide full, current-season episodes of their most popular series.
Why aren't all programs available?
A TV network doesn't necessarily own all of the rights to all of the programs they transmit. A TV network may have the right to transmit a movie, but only to TV sets, not on WatchTVEverywhere. So, once again, it depends on the TV network. Also, CFU has just launched this service. The first services available online to our subscribers are the London Olympics through web browsers and mobile apps, plus Fox News and Fox Business News through mobile apps only. We are working with network partners to offer online access to more programming as soon as possible, so check back often.
Will other networks become available?
Yes. We are working with many different program providers to expand the number of networks and the number of programs available on WatchTVEverywhere. Each time you log-in at this site, you'll see a complete list of all the networks available to to you. When new programming is added, it will automatically show up in your list. Remember, though, that you'll have access to online viewing only for networks included with your cable subscription package.
How do I use WatchTVEverywhere?
It is easy to start using WatchTVEverywhere. The first step is registration.
To register, have your CFU bill handy and click here
for CFU's registration page.
- You will be asked to:
- Provide an email address. This will be your user name. This can be any valid email address.
- Type in a password.
- Select a password reset question.
- Supply the answer to the password reset question.
- Click on Register.
- Now, check the email address you just provided. You will find an email message with your WatchTVEverywhere activation link. Click on the link to complete the registration process.
- You are done and can begin to enjoy WatchTVEverywhere.
It is important that you keep your username and password confidential. Use of your credentials by others will result in loss of WatchTVEverywhere privileges.
Which WatchTVEverywhere programs can I watch?
- Visit www.WatchTVEverywhere.com.
- Click on Log In.
- Enter your username and password.
- Select the TV Network you want to watch. Click on the network and you will see a list of the available programs.
- OR you can go direct to a network's website, select CFU as your provider, and enter your password. For example, you can go to www.nbcolympics.com and enter your password to watch the London Olympics live online. (Note, this will only work for networks in the list you'll see when you log-in here at CFU's Watch TV Everywhere page.
Once you are registered, you can watch any WatchTVEverywhere program CFU carries, as long as you are a subscriber to that network. For example, you must be Basic Plus subscriber to watch the London Olympics online, because the programming comes from Basic Plus channels CNBC and MSNBC.
Which devices can I use?
Almost all WatchTVEverywhere programs are available on all devices (PC, laptop, iPad, iPhone, Android phone). Some TV networks have not made their programs available on all devices. Visit the iPhone or iPad App Store and search by the network name for available applications.
How many different devices can I use?
There is no limit to the number of devices you can use. However, TV networks may limit the number you can use at the same time.
Does watching WatchTVEverywhere count against my mobile data plan?
It might. Check your data plan before you start watching WatchTVEverywhere on a smart phone or wireless network. WatchTVEverywhere programs transmit a lot of data. That can become expensive if you have a limited data plan. Please know that CFU has no way of knowing when you have exceeded your data plan. You are responsible for all of the charges made by your mobile carrier.